The project defined open commercial and technical frameworks for NFC-enabled services on mobile devices. These frameworks established a single platform, multi-application environment for NFC-enabled mobile applications across a wide range of vertical markets, regardless of the phone type, the secure element used, and the nature of the services required.
The Stolpan Association has the following objectives:
· to maintain, further elaborate and refine the results of the StoLPaN project and to communicate them to the industrial community
· to establish relationships with other industry organisations and represent the members of the Stolpan Association at industrial events
· to provide a forum to discuss the open, interoperable NFC service concept of Stolpan
· to provide expert support for NFC related research and projects
· to facilitate the exchange of experience of researchers and industrial experts
· to facilitate the commercial, industrial take up of applied NFC research results.
· to contribute to standardisation and present results to industry organisations.